This passage in Psalms holds great promise for the believer. Often, we allow the trials and troubles of this life cloud out His goodness in our everyday lives. David wrote this as he felt entrapped by his enemies. He felt he was being overcome. Ever feel that way? What did David have to do? This man that God called the apple of His eye was in despair. He is what he did. He stop, waited and reflected on God goodness and God’s protection and God’s mission for his life. He “reflected” on what the Lord has already done in his life.
That is something we need to start doing more of. We need to wait on the Lord. We need to look back at what He has done for each of us.
1. He gave His live on the cross for our sins. – Matthew 20:28
2. He has gone on to glory to prepare our eternal home. – John 14:1-3
3. He has promised He would never leave us nor forsake us. – Hebrews 13:5
4. He has promised that this is going to work out just the way He planned, Romans 8:28-29
5. He has promised when it is all over, He is coming to take us home with Him. – Acts 11:1
Psalm 27: 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Give God the Glory, for indeed great things He hath done.
Prayer: Father, thank you for all that You have been doing in my life. Help me this week to reflect on Your goodness and on all that Jesus has done for me. Let me be faithful in sharing Your love and goodness to those I have influence over, I pray in Jesus name, amen.