As a believer and as a pastor, I am always aware to the tremendous challenge living the “right” life can be. I know everyone is watching me and looking to me as an example of how to live. NEWSFLASH: I sometimes screw up. I am human and sometimes fail. You do too. That is where the law fails, Grace succeeds.
Romans 8:1-5 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Here is what the Fruit of the spirit will create in us.
- The removal of the feelings of condemnation
- The freedom to walk after the Spirit and live above the weaknesses of the flesh.
- The freedom to live in righteousness, not under the bondage of the Law.
Ask yourself these questions as we finish our study on the Fruit of the Spirit.
- Have I allowed God to develop the fruit of the Spirit in my life?
- Am I displaying the quality of the fruit so others may see God and glorify Him?
- Have I asked God to work in my life in the areas I fall short in?
- Have I made myself willing to become all He has designed me to be?
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Prayer: Father, thank you for giving me all that I need to be all you designed me to be. Help me to realize that I cannot produce this fruit in my life, you have already placed it within me. Today, I am committing my life to allow you to develop me and mold me into the image of Jesus. I will seek to obey you in all areas of my life. Use me for your honor and glory, not for my own. I pray in Jesus name, amen.