True Christian love begins with in the church. We must love one another. As a community of believers, we are commanded to take this love we have one for another into a world that is confused and without hope. In order to do that, we as a community of believers must be in agreement one with another about some things.
1. Who are we as the body of Christ?
2. What is our purpose as a body?
3. How are we showing Christian love to each other with in the body?
4. How am I cooperating with the body in taking the love of Jesus to those outside the family?
5. List some names you know that are outside the body of Christ who need to feel the touch of God’s people?
6. Find a group of believers within the body you can meet with and begin to pray for creative ways you as a group can take the love of Jesus to them.
II Corinthians 5:14-15 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
The word constraineth here means to be controlled by. We are controlled by the love God. His death show us God has a love for all mankind. We as His children are responsible to make sure that this great love is made known to all we come in contact with.
Prayer: Father, as we seek ways to reach out to those around us, draw us closer to one another within our body of believers. Let us love in such a way that others will see what we have and desire it in their own lives. We pray in Jesus name, amen.