Ephesians 5:17-20 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- God’s word for all ages – It is relevant for today
- It contains the answers to all of man’s problems
- It gives the solution to man’s sin problem – Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- It gives the solution to man’s longing for peace – John 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
- It gives the solution for broken homes – 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- It gives the solution for deliverance from addiction – Luke 8:35, 39 35 Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 39 Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.
- The Bible is the ultimate source of truth: John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
Rejoice, we have in our homes the source of all truth.
The world’s sense of truth is all messed up. What was truth yesterday is not considered truth today and what was false yesterday is considered true today. Man’s definition of truth changes with time, but God’s truth endures for ever.
Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Share with your loved ones today some truth from the Bible that has made a profound difference in how you live your life.
Memory Verse: –
Psalms 119:160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth forever.
PRAYER: Father, help me to rely on your truth as I live my life. May I teach it to my children, and to my grandchildren and to those who you bring into my life. Help me to realize that your truth is what I need to apply in my life today. Thank you for loving me enough to allow me to have your truth in the form of the Bible. Help me to read it, live it and share it with others, I pray in Jesus name, amen.