FRIDAY – JULY 3rd, 2015
Proverbs 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
Today, let’s look at our responsibility to win others to Jesus. It is not just something for the pastor’s or the missionaries, but something every believer can be a part of.
- All believers have God’s power in their lives. –
Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
- The Holy Spirit indwells all believers
- It is the Holy Spirit’s power that enables us to be a bold witness.
- We need to let His power rule in our hearts
- All believers have a calling from God to serve others. –
Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
All believers can bring others to Jesus. – Psalms 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
- Winning others to Jesus takes a compassion that only the Holy Spirit can give to one.
- Tears are a natural part of winning others to Jesus
- Compassionately sharing Jesus is His guarantee that others will follow after Jesus.
- You may not be the one who wins them, but you will be the one God uses to lead them – 1 Corinthians 3:6-7 – 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
- The joy of the Lord will enable us to do great things. – Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- We need to allow Him to fill our hearts with His joy
- His joy will enable us to share what we have with others
- His joy is what the whole world needs to see in our lives
Prayer: Father, help me to accept your joy into my life. As your joy fills my life may I be able to share this joy with others who so desperately need you. Help me to allow your power live through me. May you open the door for me to be a missionary right here where I live! May my life be one that will attract others to Jesus! I thank you in advance for using me to influence others for you. In Jesus name, amen.