TUESDAY: JUNE 30th, 2015
We often see missions as something far way. We have this idea that in order to be a missionary, one must go to some backwoods, forsaken, neglected people. Although this is true in some cases, missions is something that can be as close as next door.
- Anywhere Jesus is needed
- Anywhere you are at any given time
- Always a personal investment
- Never something that will not produce results.
As you think about Missions, ask yourself these questions
- Have I been a faithful missionary where God has placed me?
- Have I been able to see lives changed because of my faithfulness?
- Have I answered that call to go? – Isaiah 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
- Have I placed things and personal gain over reaching the lost with the gospel?
- Have I asked God to enable me to give so others can go?
I want you to see this week that Missions is everyone’s responsibility. As a family, or maybe with a group of friends, commit yourselves today to allow God to use you in a real way.
Father, we are thankful that we have been able to receive the gospel into our own lives. We realize that it is your plan to use people to let others know about Jesus. Help us to be faithful in our giving and sharing of the good news. Help us to be able to give in order for our missionaries to go and faithfully share Jesus. Thank you for making it possible for us to share in this important part of your plan. We pray in Jesus name, amen.