June 22, 2015
THEME VERSE FOR THE WEEK
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
So far in our study we have looked at submission and trusting. This week we will take on leaving it all up to Him. We worry, or at least I do, about so many things that we do not control. We will learn this week that He is in control and He wants to handle it for us.
As you pray and do these devotions, ask Him to help you give it all to Him. We need to not only know some verses, but this week we hope to learn better how to apply and rely. As you share these with your family or friends, or if it is just you and God, honestly share your fears and doubts and share how God is helping you overcome areas of doubt in your life.
Psalm 25:1-5 A Psalm of David.
Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
1. Trusting in Him is Key to Godly living
2. Giving over my fears leads to victory
3. Keep your eyes and hearts open to His still small voice
4. We must learn to wait (be still) in His presence
5. When He is finished, we will be able to rejoice in all that He has done.
6. Following after Him comes as we apply what He says to our everyday lives