GOD MADE YOU SPECIAL, YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE OF YOUR
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
1. God made you in His image and in His likeness – Genesis 1:26-27 – 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the
earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
A. God used Himself as the blue print for man
B. All mankind is made in His image
2. This makes it possible for us to have a real relationship with the God who created the universe
A. Free will is necessary for true fellowship
B. Free will means we will not always do the right thing – Romans 7: 21-25 –21 I find then a law, that, when I would do
good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched
man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of
C. Even when we sin, He remains faithful – Hebrews 13:5 – 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never
leave thee, nor forsake thee.
1. never – 1) never, certainly not, not at all, by no means
2. leave – 1) to send back, relax, loosen
2) to give up, omit, calm
3) to leave, not to uphold, to let sink
3. forsake – 1a) leave in straits, leave helpless
1b) totally abandoned, utterly forsaken
2) to leave behind – among, to leave surviving
3. Victory in this life begins when we realize how much he really loves us
A. Love, not law is God’s way to bring us back – Ephesians 2:4-6 – 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
B. Grace would not be grace if Love didn’t trump law – Grace – unmerited favor
John 3:16-18 – 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be
saved. 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath
not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
C. It was His love that created us in His image – YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN HIS IMAGE